Monday, November 12, 2012

Coming Home...



This is a picture of us golfing and my last baptism in South Carolina as a servant of Jesus Christ.  I am so blessed and humbled at the opportunity I have had to serve these past two years and become who the Lord wants me to be. I have a lot of thoughts and feelings right now and I know my time as a missionary is over.  I am sad that I will not be able to go out everyday and knock doors and invite people to be baptized and repent.  I am excited to see my family.  The thing I am most thankful for is the chance I have had to spend time on a mission.  It has truly changed my life forever.  I have never loved something as much as I have loved my mission.  I have been changed eternally and spiritually blessed. 
We baptized this amazing lady this week.  She is in the Air Force and read the entire Book of Mormon in a week.  We taught her for about 3 weeks then she got baptized.  I have never felt the spirit so strong at a baptism as I did at hers.  She is truly amazing.  She bought me a cake and a watch for me birthday.
This past week was so great and spiritual.  I know this week will be filled with much excitement, miracles, heartache, and joy.  I love you all so much and I want you to know I know this church is true, that Jesus is the Christ and that he lives and died for us to take away our pain.  I know the Book of Mormom is the word of God and brings happiness to all.  I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today.  I love being a missionary and will cherish this experience everyday of my life.  I love you and all and pray for you always!

Love you all,
Elder Dane Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment