Sunday, December 4, 2011

News Letter AM 1

December 5, 2011

A few weeks ago Dane's home ward, Aspen Meadows 1st ward, asked each missionary to send a letter home to the ward. All the letters were posted in the monthly news letter along with a picture of them doing the work. It was so fun to see the growth of each young Elder from our ward. Dane wrote the following message to our ward:

Dear Aspen Meadows 1st,

Thank you for all you have done for me & the support you have given me! A mission is such a great blessing, I love every minute of it! There is no greater work than the Lord's work! Now, I want to speak a little bit about missionary work!!! The Lord has commanded us to do it! We promise to do it when we are baptized! We promise to always stand as a witness of God at all times & in all places! Now I don't mean go knock doors, but we all know someone who is a non-member or a less active. As we reach out to those people the Lord give us so many blessings! I can testify that missionary work is the KEY to this church! If we want the church to grow we do missionary work. If we want more blessings we can do missionary work. Talk to everyone about this church, it has blessed you so much now use it to bless others! I know that missionary work is AMAZING! Through my year in South Carolina seeing different wards & branch's I've noticed something between the successful wards & the not so successful ones. It is missionary work! A ward that focuses on bringing others to Christ brings themselves to Christ as well! Last October conference Russell M. Nelson left us a challenge it was to meet someone new each week in your ward and as we do that we will fell our Savior's love more in our lives! The Lord always provides a way to keep his commandments, therefore he has paved a road for us to do his work. Now it's up to us to find it and follow it! I love your all! Missionary work brings so many blessings! I always think of Hymn 27 "Praise to the Man" my favorite line is "sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven" it's true it won't always be easy! NO ONE said it would be! Love and live the gospel and the Lord will bless you! Keep up the good work!

Love,
Elder Dane Nielsen!

We are so proud of Dane and his hard work. We can see that the Lord has done a wonderful job with our young son. Thank you everyone for all your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment