Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Surfside Beach

December 5th, 2011

We think this is a picture of Dane standing next to the Surfside Beach sign. He is that little tiny black and white speck at the bottom of the sign. He told us that he thinks he will be transferred out of Myrtle Beach around the 20th. He loves this area, but knows it will soon be time to move on.

Hello Everyone,
Well, it was a great week! This next week we have some sweet baptisms coming up! I love it here and it seems weird that this is my last Christmas in South Carolina! I will be home next year at this time, CRAZY! It kind of freaks me out to think that the end is coming near when it seems like it was just so far away! But I love my mission and all that it has done for me! I love this church and the blessings it gives me. I have seen a whole different side of religion since being in the "bible belt". South Carolina truly is the bible belt and I love it! We are all so blessed to know about this gospel and we need to share it with others! If we want to be like Christ we have to do as he did, he taught and baptized people! So, we should do the same! We have so much to be thankful for this holiday season! May we all give thanks and not worry about the "worldly" things, those only bring temporary joy! Help others, those are the memories that last a life time and others are so blessed. As it says in Mosiah "When you are in the service of your fellow men, you are only in the service of your God!" I testify that that is true and as we live it we will be so blessed! Keep strong and stay faithful, the Lord knows all things! Read the Book of Mormon and pray, and he will continue to bless you all!

Love, Elder Dane Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment